Thursday, May 13, 2010

Update

I thought I would write a short blog to give a couple updates:

1. I talked to the manager at our current apartment, and A) She is not in a wheelchair (shocking), and B) We can move out the 15th of June rather than the 30th. Yay! The best part of that is only having to pay rent through the 15th. Whew!

2. My rum cake turned out REALLY GOOD! It was just as delicious as I remembered it, so my on-the-fly elevation compensation tricks must have worked. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, so it was definitely a success!

I made a chocolate cake with my usual chocolate frosting for two friends' birthdays yesterday, and that turned out really good too! I didn't realize how much I miss baking! It's so nice to be able to bake yummy things and share them with people.

While at a friends' house yesterday, I got to see all of their herbs, plants, and other gardeny-type things, and it motivated me to start my own "garden"! Once I get something in my head it's hard to get it out, so Joey and I went to Lowe's today and got a strawberry plant, rosemary, and sweet basil. I'll pick up a few more things at the farmer's market this weekend, but I thought that was a good start. I got a couple of plastic pots to put them in, so I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! I'm so excited! If I remember, I'll have to post some pictures.

1 comment: